If you are up for an adventure then join this amazing 4 day trek during which you can bike at a height of 4350 m., go rafting on the sacred river of the Incas and go on breathtaking walks through beautiful jungle landscapes. Finally you will arrive at the Ancient Inca City Machu Picchu, considered one of the 7 New World Wonders.
[BLD] B = Breakfast | L = Lunch | D = Dinner | # = Not Included
|Day 1||Cusco – Abra Málaga – Santa María||Hostel||#LD|
|Day 2||Santa Maria – Santa Teresa||Hostel||BLD|
|Day 3||Santa Teresa – Hidroeléctrica – Aguas Calientes||Hotel||BLD|
|Day 4||Trek a Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco||B##|
Day 01: Cusco – Abra Málaga – Santa Maria (Bicycle & Rafting)
Pick up from your hotel at 07:20 – 08:00. We will leave with direction to the Sacred Valley of the Incas where we can enjoy beautiful and picturesque landscapes. At approximately 10:30 we will arrive at the “Abra Malaga” (4350 m.) from where we will start our bicycle tour, descending to the higher Selva, passing by small villages, country sides and rivers. We will arrive in Santa Maria at 03:00 – 03:35 PM and during our descend through the valley we will be supported by our safety car in case of emergency and it will accompany us until the end of the route.
In the afternoon, after lunch, we will head to Chaullay, situated 7 minutes from Santa Maria. We will do this part in private. When leaving we will be given our rafting equipment (windbreaker, life vest and helmet) and after a safety talk our adventure in the waters of the Vilcanota river can start. During approximately 2 hours we will be white water rafting in levels II, III and IV. Previous experience is not required for this activity. During our tour we won’t only enjoy the rafting but also de diverse flora and fauna from the jungle and the warm water of the river with great safety.
Meals included: Lunch, Dinner
Day 02: Santa Maria – Santa Teresa (Walk)
We get up early today (06:00) and after breakfast we start walking along the riverside. During our walk we can see some local animals like birds (Colibri, eagles, wildcats, lizards …), medicinal plants and fruits (banana, mango, orange, cocoa …etc.). When we arrive at the small village of Quellomayo we will take a break and have lunch. After that we continue to Santa Teresa where we will relax in its thermal baths. After relaxing we get back to the town of Santa Teresa where we will arrive around 05:00 in the afternoon.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 03: Santa Teresa – Hidroeléctrica – Aguas Calientes (Zip Line – Walk)
In the morning we will have the opportunity to do zip-line in Santa Teresa. After that our guide will show us our tour. This day we will have a splendid view of many waterfalls coming from the glaciers. We will also see Coca and Coffee plantations from local farmers. We will walk along the rails until we arrive in the Machu Picchu town, called Aguas Calientes. We will spend the night here.
Meals included: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner
Day 04: Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo – Cusco
Very early in the morning, at 5:00 am we will wake up and at 5:30 am we will go to the citadel of Machu Picchu. The way up to Machu Picchu goes through the jungle, having the opportunity to see the sunrise. After checking in the control of the Park, we will continue our way and we will have a guided tour for 2 hours to visit Machu Picchu. We return to Aguas Calientes and after having we will board the return train (Aguas Calientes – Ollantaytambo), in Ollantaytambo we will wait for a bus who will drive us back to Cusco.
Machu Picchu was declared World Heritage by UNESCO in 1983 and has recently been chosen as one of the 7 New World Wonders. Machu Picchu (literally ”Old Mountain” in Quechua) was one of the principal, or maybe the most important religious sanctuary of the Incas. It is considered as one of the most genius works of architecture and engineering of all times. Together with the mysteries it holds it became one of the most popular attractions of America.
Meals included: Breakfast
- As from the 1th of July 2017 there will only be two entrance moments to enter Machu Picchu. ( 06:00 – 12:00 and 12:00 – 17:00). Furthermore each passenger must enter and leave with the guide.
- Passengers who would like to visit Huayna Picchu should add 15.00 USD to the total price and should inform us when making the reservation. The number of visitors allowed daily is restricted to 400 persons and it is necessary to register for one of the two possible entrance moments: 07:00 or 11:00.
Included in the Tour
- Professional guide English – Spanish (Biking, Rafting, Machu Picchu)
- Breakfast (03)
- Lunch (03)
- Dinner (03)
- Bicycle Equipment: Bicycles with front suspension, helmets and gloves.
- Rafting: Windbreaker, life jacket, helmet and neoprene suit
- Equipment for the Zip Line
Accommodation: Camping (02 nights)
- Lodging (2 nights, basic services, shared bathrooms, shared room)
- Hostel in Aguas Calientes (1 night, private bathroom and hot water)
- Transfer Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Abra Malaga – Santa Maria
- Transfer Ollantaytambo – Cusco
- Train Expedition Machu Picchu – Ollantaytambo
- Bus Aguas Calientes – Machu Picchu – Aguas Calientes (One way USD 12.00 – Round trip USD 24.00)
- Machu Picchu
- Passengers must bring their original passports
Not Included in the Tour
- National & international flights
- National & international airport taxes
- Meals not listed; Suggested budget for extra meals and drinks: 30.00 USD
- Optional or extra activities during free time
- Transfer for optional or extra activities
- Travel insurance
- Items for personal use
- Breakfast (day 1)
- Lunch (day 4)
- Pre and post accommodation
- Please carry your passport with you
- Mosquito repellent
- Currency: Soles
- Trekking boots
- Warm cloths