Conditions of Sale
Journey Experience – Joex Travel SAC, also referred to as the Company herein, wants you to enjoy your holiday of a lifetime with complete success. Please read the following conditions carefully as it is your contract with Journey Experience – Joex Travel By booking a trip with Journey Experience – Joex Travel, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions which outline, among other things, our cancellation policy and certain limitations of liability. These Terms and Conditions affect your rights and designate the governing law and forum for the resolution of any and all disputes.
The quote given by us will be valid for 7 days from the date of your first enquiry. If you have any questions whatsoever regarding your holiday, the booking procedure or conditions of sale then Journey Experience – Joex Travel will be happy to answer them for you. Quotes do not apply to international flights to and from South America or within South America itself. These quotes are often valid for a short number of days and on some occasions only one day. Once a flight is quoted, the flight must be paid for immediately and purchased on that day or if possible the next day to ensure the validity of the quote.
Our prices do not include the international air fares to South America, international airport taxes, meals not specified in your itinerary, personal expenses, personal insurance, tips and baggage porterage.
- The contract: The contract is between Journey Experience – Joex Travel (also known as the company) and the client, being any person travelling or intending to travel on a tour operated by the company. You, the client are subject to have read and understood our travel policy as outlined below. By making a booking by telephone, or through the website, or by email or facsimile with the Company or its Agents, you accept and are bound by these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Client relating to the subject matter herein, and shall constitute a binding agreement. There is no verbal or written representation, warranty, collateral agreement, prior agreement, description of services, or conditions, other than as expressed herein. The service to be provided is/are the tour(s) referred to in the booking confirmation. These conditions only apply to services in our programme and not to the international and national flights. These are subject to the conditions imposed by the airlines.
- Securing your booking: To guarantee a reservation, Journey Experience – Joex Travel requires a fully completed booking form (either the one on our website or the one sent by us with your quote) together with the necessary deposit payment as stated at the time. Clients are deemed to have read and understood the conditions of sale and to have indicated this by choosing the appropriate response on the booking form. A booking is accepted and becomes definite only from the date when Journey Experience – Joex Travels ends receives your deposit payment at which point a contract exists. Journey Experience – Joex Travel reserves the right to decline any booking at their discretion.
- Client Details: In order for the Company to confirm and guarantee the Clients travel arrangements the Client must provide all client details with their initial. Client details include passport number, copy of passport details and medical form (where applicable), full name, date of birth, details and nationality.
- The Final payment/Surcharges: In order for the Company to confirm and guarantee the Clients travel arrangements the Client must provide all client details with their initial payment (30% of price tour or minimum 300 USD if your tour include Inca trail). The balance must be paid 40 days before the travel date
- Cancellations and Reimbursements: Notifications of cancellations and requests for reimbursements should be made in writing and include all pertinent information, and they will all receive immediate attention by JOURNEY EXPERIENCE – JOEX TRAVEL
- If a notification of cancellation is received until and including 60 – 40 days before the estimated date of arrival in Perú, Penalty of 30% (*)
- If a notification of cancellation is received 39-20 days before the estimated date of arrival in Perú, the reimbursement is subject to a penalty of 60% of the total cost. (*)
- No reimbursement will be made if the notification of cancellation is received 19 or less days before the estimated date of arrival in your destination in South America, or in the case of a no-show by passenger(s) or for cancellations made during the trip itself. (*)
- Some services may be interrupted or cancelled due to climate conditions, forces of nature, acts of God, riots, or other conditions beyond the control of the hotels, airlines, and other operators, JOURNEY EXPERIENCE – JOEX TRAVEL or its associates. No reimbursements will be made as a result of such interruptions or cancellations beyond our control.
- (*) NOTICE: Inca Trail, reservations are subject to prior payment. No reimbursements for the advancement (30% of price tour or minimum 300 USD if your tour include Inca trail), No change of name or date may be applied.
- You are strongly advised to take out cancellation insurance at the time of making the booking as this will cover cancellation charges in certain circumstances. (Note: such insurance will not cover a change of mind).
- Cancellation by the Company: Journey Experience – Joex Travel reserves the right to cancel any trip before it is guaranteed to run, but will not cancel a tour less than 70 days before departure. A trip is guaranteed to run once it has one fully-paid traveller, unless minimum numbers state otherwise. This applies to departures within the brochure validity range. Journey Experience – Joex Travel reserves the right to cancel any trip, including a guaranteed trip, at any time prior to departure due to terrorism, natural disasters, political instability or other external events which make it unviable for the Company to operate our planned schedule. If Journey Experience – Joex Travel cancels a group trip on which you are holding a full-paid booking you may choose between an alternative trip or a full refund. The Company is not responsible for any incidental expenses that you may have incurred as a result of your booking such as visas, vaccinations, non-refundable flights or loss of enjoyment, etc. If the alternative trip chosen is of a lower value than that originally booked then you are entitled to a refund of the price difference. If the alternative tour is chosen is of a higher value then you will pay the difference in price.
- Note: scheduled airlines may impose 100% cancellation charges.
- Unused Services & Additional Costs
- There will be no discounts, postponements of tour or monies refunded for missed or unused services, this includes voluntary or involuntary termination, ie. Sickness, death of a family member, etc. Journey Experience – Joex Travel is not responsible for any additional expenses incurred such as additional hotel accommodation, meals, additional transportation costs etc as a result of unexpected changes in your trip due to a change in airline scheduling, cancellation of flights, bad weather, war, threat of war, riot, civil strife, industrial dispute, terrorist activity, natural or nuclear disaster, fire or adverse weather conditions, epidemics or health risks.
- Complaints: Should the client have a complaint about any of the tour arrangements, it is a condition of the contract that you tell our local representative at the time. Failure to complain at that moment in time will deny us the opportunity to investigate and rectify the problem and thus render Journey Experience – Joex Travel unable to accept any form of responsibility. If the client has a dispute with Journey Experience – Joex Travel which Journey Experience – Joex Travel is unable to resolve then please write to us within 28 days of your return and we will investigate further.
- Medical Form: For insurance purposes all clients are required to complete our Journey Experience – Joex Travel Medical Form which must be signed and dated by a practicing physician (if there are any pre-existing conditions) and sent to us no later than 30 days prior to the start of your tour. In the event where the Client has made a booking with the Company and subsequently is unable to complete the required medical form for any reason before the 30 days prior to the start of your tour, the Company reserves the right to treat the booking as being cancelled as per the day of notification and applicable cancellation charges will apply.
- Our Responsibility: In all travel arrangements Journey Experience – Joex Travel acts on behalf of and to the order of our customers, organising on their behalf and naming the transport means, lodgings or other required tourist services, and we can thus not assume any responsibility for cases of accidents, losses, delays or interferences for reasons of forces of nature or other acts that do not involve our responsibility, especially regarding programs and schedules.
- Clients responsibility: Clients agree to accept the authority and decisions of Journey Experience – Joex Travel employees, tour leaders and agents whilst on tour with Journey Experience – Joex Travel If in the opinion of such persons the health or conduct of a client at any time before or after departure appears likely to endanger the safety, comfort or happy progress of a tour, then the client may be excluded from all or part of the tour. In the case of ill health, Journey Experience – Joex Travel may make arrangements, as it seems fit and recover the costs thereof from the client. If a client commits an illegal act, he/she may be excluded from the tour and Journey Experience – Joex Travel shall cease to have responsibility to/for them. If you are affected by a condition, medical or otherwise, that might affect other peoples’ enjoyment or active participation of the tour; you must advise us at the time of booking and indicate this in the Journey Experience – Joex Travel Medical Form. No refund will be given for any unused services if excluded from a tour for any of these reasons. The Client must at all times strictly comply with the laws, customs, and foreign exchange and drug regulations of all countries visited. Clients must be in possession of, and are responsible for arranging a valid passport, visa if applicable and any vaccination certificates required for the whole of their journey. Your passport must be valid for 6 months past your return date. The Client is also responsible for all visas, permits and certificates including vaccination certificates and insurance policies required for the whole of the journey. The Client accepts full responsibility for obtaining all such documents and permits, and is solely responsible for any adverse consequences resulting from missing or defective documentation. Any information or advice given by the Company regarding visas, vaccinations, climate, clothing, baggage, special equipment, etc. is given in good faith but Journey Experience – Joex Travel cannot be held responsible for any of this information and the Company is not responsible for any errors or omissions as to the information provided. To expedite the issuing of Journey Experience – Joex Travel, travel documents please note that all tour related travel documents such as vouchers, itineraries and invoices will be sent via email.
- Flexibility: The Client appreciates and acknowledges that the nature of this type of travel requires considerable flexibility and should allow for alternatives. The itinerary provided for each tour is merely representative of the types of activities contemplated, and the company is under no contractual obligation to strictly follow it. It is understood that the route, schedules, itineraries, amenities and mode of transport may be subject to alteration without prior notice due to local circumstances or events, which may include sickness or mechanical breakdown, flight or rail cancellations, strikes, events emanating from political disputes, entry or border difficulties, climate and other unpredictable or unforeseeable circumstances.
- Flights/Delays: We cannot accept liability for any cancellations or delays in any of your flights, whether the cancellation or delay is caused by adverse weather conditions, rescheduling of the airline, airport authority and/or action by air traffic controllers, mechanical breakdown or industrial action. Where long flight delays result in lost holiday time, no refunds are given by hotels or suppliers. Similarly, airlines do not offer compensation for flight delays. However, at their discretion, carriers will endeavour to reduce the inconvenience of any delay by providing meals and accommodation, as appropriate for the time of day or night (dependent on local availability). If you incur payments for such services in the event of a delay, Journey Experience – Joex Travelwill not accept responsibility for payment unless we have given our prior consent.
- Suppliers Conditions: Airlines, railways, coach and shipping companies and other suppliers have their own booking conditions or conditions of carriage, and you will be bound by these as far as the relevant transport provider or supplier is concerned. Some of these conditions may limit or exclude liability on the part of the relevant transport provider or other supplier, and they are often also subject to various international conventions. Where relevant, copies of such conditions may be available for inspection at our offices, or at the offices of the relevant supplier.
- Local Conditions: Client acknowledges that she/he will be visiting places where the political, cultural and geographical attributes present certain risks, dangers and physical challenges greater than those present in our daily lives. By booking travel with the Company, the Client acknowledges that she/he has considered the potential risks, dangers and challenges, and expressly assumes the risks attendant to such travel conditions. The Client is solely responsible for acquainting her/himself with the customs, weather conditions, physical challenges and laws in effect at each stop along the itinerary, and is encouraged to locate or make contact prior to embarkation with his/her local embassy or consulate in each destination.
- Special Requests: Specific requests such as adjacent or connecting rooms, bedding requests, smoking or non-smoking rooms and special dietary needs should be advised at the time of booking. Please note that every effort will be made to secure your special request; however, they cannot be guaranteed.
- Immediate Check-in: On programs where immediate check-in has not been included in the program price, Journey Experience – Joex Travel does request that hostels/lodges do their utmost to facilitate this service; however, it is not guaranteed. Most hostels/lodges allow check-in to take place during the mid-afternoon. Should you wish to have your room ready for immediate check-in on arrival; Journey Experience – Joex Travel can arrange this for an additional charge.
- Child Policy: On all programmes, unless otherwise indicated, the maximum age of a child is 11 years 11 months. 12 years or older are considered adults and will be subject to full adult tariffs.
- Photography During Travel: Journey Experience – Joex Travel reserves the right to take photographs during the operation of any programme or part thereof and to use them for promotional purposes. By booking a programme with Journey Experience – Joex Travel, programme members agree to allow their images to be used in such photographs. Programme members who prefer their images not be used are asked to identify themselves to their Tour leader at the beginning of their programme.